Are you a vendor who needs to meet the insurance requirements set by a University? Most Universities require being named as an additional insured on the vendors liability policy. Other documentation may also be required. Let our helpful agents assist you with taking care of meeting the insurance requirements and details.
Contact us today for a fast, free, no hassle quote. Our agents are standing by to help you meet all of the necessary University vendor insurance requirements.
The following is a basic overview of the types of insurance you may be asked to provide proof of by the university for which you are seeking vendor approval.
- Commercial General Liability Insurance: Including Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability, Independent Contractors Liability, Contractual Liability, Product Liability and Completed Operations Liability in an amount not less than $1,000,000 combined single limit, per occurrence, and $1,000,000 annual aggregate.
- Workers Compensation: required for all vendors including employers’ liability insurance in an amount not less than $100,000 per accident, $500,000 annual aggregate.
- Automobile Liability: For vendors who will drive on University premises, Automobile Liability in an amount not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage, including owned, hired and non-owned vehicle coverage.
- Professional Liability: $1,000,000 each claim, for all professional services including, but not limited to, architects, engineers, consultants and testing services.
- For Charter Bus Companies
- $5M for Auto Liability
- Satisfactory Safety Rating on FMCSA website
*The above coverages and limits represent an outline of standard insurance requirements set forth by many Universities. Requirements vary by University. Please check with the Purchasing Department of your local University to verify the University Insurance requirements for approved vendors. Ask them to fax a copy of their vendor insurance requirements to our office (FAX:813-685-1823).